Throughout the design process, I came up with ideas for additional, non-kinetic pieces which I couldn't NOT make. They are largely based on that lovely spherical astrolabe in Oxford...
This uses the donut mounting technique I developed for the Advanced Production Processes module.
It was the first piece I managed to finish, which is why I had time to take a decent photo.
This blue goldstone ball meant I could go quite literal with the spherical astrolabe influence. I finally found a use for my corrugated rolling mill which put lovely regular lines into a piece of D shaped wire.
The final piece was laser welded into position to trap the ball.
I used the corrugated rolling mill again, to create a simple band ring. This did leave unsightly lines on the inside as well as the outside. I may try and fill these in on the laser welder at a future date.
These studs came about because I made a mistake with the oval kinetic piece. I forgot to move the centre of rotation from an earlier design and so had to cut out these parts. Not wanting them to go to waste, I added earring posts.